Comparing Covid Vaccines: How They Are Different From One Another?
And now we, humans, have to take the final call, towards the end of Coronavirus and that is by getting fully- vaccinated.
After the lightning-fast quest for covid vaccines, developers from all around the world finally announced several vaccines to combat the deadly virus. With the development of different vaccines, there’s been a huge debate on which one to go for or which one is more effective as compared to the rest. The availability of options has left many people confused and still unvaccinated.
Today, in this blog, we will give you an overview of what all vaccines are available and how effective are they in comparison to one another.
I am pretty sure, if you read the blog till the end, you surely will have a clearer idea of which covid vaccine you need to go for.
TYPES OF COVID VACCINES
- Pfizer Bio N Tech
- Johnson & Johnson’s
COMPARISON BETWEEN DIFFERENT COVID VACCINES
Different covid vaccines have different sets of specific characteristics. The below discussion against each pointer will help you understand and compare each covid vaccine.
- Pfizer Bio N Tech: - Out of all the different covid vaccines, Pfizer Bio N Tech is considered to be the most effective one. It has an efficacy of 95% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection. It is absolutely safe for pregnant women, individuals with hypertension, diabetes, asthma, pulmonary, liver or kidney disease, as well as chronic infections that are stable and controlled. But its highly unsafe for children below the age of 12 and people with a history of severe allergic reaction to any component. Pfizer is the ultimate safeguard against the new variants.
- Moderna:- After Pfizer, next comes the Moderna. Its efficacy is slightly lower than that of Pfizer, i.e. 94.1 %. Apart from that, it’s absolutely safe for pregnant ladies, individuals with chronic lung disease, significant cardiac disease, severe obesity, diabetes, liver disease and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Moderna is not recommended for the individual who are below the 18 years of age. Unlike Pfizer, Moderna is not favourable to fight the new variant.
- Johnson & Johnson’s: - Johnson & Johnson’s Covid vaccine has an efficacy of 85.4% which is quite less than that of Pfizer and Moderna. This vaccine too is effective in people with known medical conditions associated with increased risk of severe diseases, such as hypertension, chronic lung disease, significant cardiac disease, obesity, and diabetes. However, very fewer reports have been found regarding the safety of the dosage for pregnant women. Unlike Moderna, the vaccine is not recommended for individuals with HIV Positive, history of anaphylaxis to any component and people who are under 18 years of age. Just like Pfizer, this too provides a safeguard against the new variants.
- Covishield: - Covishield has an efficacy of approximately 70% which is comparatively much lesser than that of Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson’s. As per reports, the vaccine is not recommended for those who are allergic to any ingredients. Apart from that, it's highly safe for pregnant ladies and people who are above 18 years of age. Unlike Pfizer, Covishield is not effective to fight against the new variants.
- Sputnik:- Sputnik is the most controversial covid vaccine. Apart from all other covid vaccines, Sputnik is further divided into two, i.e. Sputnik Light and Sputnik V having the efficacy of 79.4% and 91% efficacy respectively. As per reports, the vaccine is recommended only for people between the age group of 18- 60 years and is also safe during pregnancy as well. Just life Moderna and Covishield, this too can’t fight against the new variants.
To conclude, different covid vaccines have different sets of characteristics and work differently. Hence, we would advise you to study the effects of each vaccine carefully before you plan to get JABBED!!!
Get vaccinated and get back to normal!