Overview of Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler
Trelegy Ellipta inhaler is used to prevent and control the symptoms of Asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), namely shortness of breath and wheezing. This inhalation powder is a combination of three medications i.e. fluticasone, umeclidinium, and vilanterol. The medication helps in reducing inflammation and relaxes the muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
What is Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler?
Trelegy Inhaler contains three medications - fluticasone, umeclidinium, and vilanterol. Fluticasone belongs to a class of medications commonly known as corticosteroids. It helps in preventing the release of a particular type of substance in the body that causes inflammation in the airways. The second medication, umeclidinium, belongs to a class of medication known as anticholinergics. The third and last medication, Vilanterol, is a LABA medication also known as a bronchodilator. Both these medications, umeclidinium, and Vilanterol, work by relaxing the muscles in and around the airways so that they can open up a little and you can breathe easily.
Conditions Treated by Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler
Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler is primarily used for preventing and controlling the symptoms caused by COPD and Asthma. It is mainly used in improving symptoms and preventing bronchospasm in patients with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. It also helps in preventing and controlling symptoms of Asthma for better and improved breathing in adults. Controlling symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath caused by Asthma helps you stay active and healthy.
What Are The Benefits of Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler Medicine?
The benefits of the Trelegy ellipta inhaler are cited below:
All the health and medical information given over here is for general purposes only. Always consult your healthcare provider before purchasing any of the medications, to confirm whether this medicine is appropriate, safe and effective for your condition, and is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.
Trelegy Inhaler Precautions and Warnings
Discuss the following warnings and precautions with your doctor before you place an order:
1. Please do not use it as a rescue medication for Asthma attacks. Use only fast-acting medicine for attacks.
2. Do not use Trelegy Ellipta if you are allergic to milk and proteins.
3. One should not use the medication if allergic to fluticasone, umeclidinium, or vilanterol.
4. Before using the inhaler medication, inform your pharmacist about any current/past medical history of infections such as TB or Herpes or if you have had any heart problems.
5. Tell your doctor about this medication before having any surgery.
6. This product may worsen your current infection or make you catch a new infection easily, so avoid coming in contact with people with existing infections.
7. Discuss the risks involved if you are using this medication during your pregnancy.
Interactions With Other Medicines
It’s advised not to start, stop or change your dosage without doctor's medical advice. It's recommended that one should not use LABA or Anticholinergic drugs while on this medication. Few drug interactions may change the effectiveness of your medication.
It may also increase the risk of some severe side effects.
Consult your healthcare professional for detailed information on any possible interactions with Trelegy Ellipta.
Possible Side Effects of Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler Medicine
Mild Side Effects
Below given are the common mild side effects of Trelegy Inhaler seen in patients :
1. Sore throat, cold, or flu symptoms
2. Back pain, Joint pain, or Headache
3. Change in your taste
4. Nausea, Diarrhea
5. Mild lung infection
6. Chest tightness
Serious Side Effects
Below given are the serious side effects of Trelegy Inhaler seen in patients :
1. Severe lung infection – chills, high fever, shortness of breath
2. Hormonal Disorder – muscle weakness or worsening tiredness
3. High Blood sugar – Dry mouth, increased urination, thirst increased
4. Low potassium level – irregular heartbeats and leg cramps
5. Nervousness- Feeling tremors and chest pain, sore patches in the mouth and throat
Call your doctor once you notice or have the above-given side effects.
How to Use Trelegy Ellipta Inhaler?
Use the medication as written on the patient information leaflet and follow the instructions provided by your doctor. Make sure to read the directions to use it properly before using the medicine. If you still have any doubts don’t hesitate to ask your doctor or healthcare professional.
Follow the steps mentioned below to use Trelegy Inhaler:
1. Firstly, check the dosage counter to make sure the inhaler has enough doses.
2. Now slide the cover of the inhaler with your thumb until it clicks.
3. Check if there is anything inside the mouthpiece.
4. Hold the inhaler horizontally now. Request you not tip it upside down as the powder may fall out.
5. Sit or stand up and slightly tilt your face UPSIDE to help the medicine reach your lungs.
6. Next, breathe out gently and slowly away from the inhaler to make your lungs feel empty, and you are ready to breathe in the medication.
7. Now, put your lips around the inhaler, i.e., the mouthpiece, to make a tight seal, but make sure not to cover its vent. Next, breathe in quickly and deeply.
8. Take the inhaler out of your mouth and hold your breath for up to 10 seconds.
9. Then breathe out gently, away from your inhaler, and close the cover when done.
To avoid any mouth infection from developing after using the inhaler, kindly gargle and rinse your mouth with water and spit it out after every dose.
Dosage Instructions of Trelegy Inhaler
What happens if I miss a dose?
The doctor recommends using the medication as prescribed. In case you miss a dosage take it as soon as possible. But if almost time for your next dosage, skip the missed dose. As it's advised not to take two doses at one time.
What happens if I overdose?
Kindly contact your doctor or healthcare professional and seek emergency medical attention. You might experience overdosage symptoms such as faster heart rate, chest pain, body shaking, or shortness of breath.
This was my first time ordering and I was surprised at how fast the shipping was!!!!! I did not have the trackable service but I got my HCG in exactly 10 business days. The medication itself was completely legit and in the correct boxing as well. ...
I really want to let you know that I reordered the product, HCQ 200 mg, on June 30, 2022. Today when I checked my mail I had already received my purchase. This is wonderful and I truly appreciate your fast and excellent service. I love Safe Meds ...
Rebecca R Peagler
Just wanted to thank you folks for our order we placed. This was the first time I've ordered from you. A friend orders from you and recommended that I give you a try. I was surprised that considering the distance it had to go to get to us here in ...
Kevin Norman , Oregon USA
I contacted them to get a price match done for my medication and they got it done immediately for me. I am very impressed with their promptness and co-operation. I would recommend them to everybody for pharmaceutical supplies.
I recently referred a couple of my friends to this website. After they placed their orders, I received $75 to my eWallet within 48 hours. I like the promotional offers they keep running from time to time. I will continue to refer more and more ...
I placed an order online and forgot to apply the Coupon code, which is why I missed the discount. I contacted the support team and they said would add some extra medication equivalent to the discount missed.